Viva ! Health June Newsletter
You can view the entire newsletter by clicking on the following link:
- Fake News – Another sensationalist article claims a ‘vegan’ diet made someone ill and how eating meat and eggs made them better, a little digging reveals the truth behind the headlines…
- Vegans don’t need to combine different types of protein-rich plant foods to get a ‘complete’ protein, that type of thinking is considered outdated. A varied vegan diet provides plenty of healthy plant protein, the type we need!
- In 2017, 11 million deaths around the world were related to poor diet – even more than smoking according to this new major study.
- Heart attacks and strokes were the main diet-related causes of death, followed by cancers and type 2 diabetes. The authors blame diets high in salt and low in fruit, wholegrains, nuts and seeds. They suggest that eating and drinking better could prevent one in five deaths globally. Writing in the Lancet, they call for a global shift in policy to promote vegetables, fruit, nuts and pulses (peas, beans and lentils). Co-author Professor Walter Willett from Harvard University said that the findings were consistent with recent research on the benefits for cardiovascular health of replacing red meat with plant sources of protein.
- It’s a myth that you need meat to get enough iron – a varied vegan diet will provide all the iron you need and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
- Iron is just one of many in our extensive A-Z of Nutrients a useful resource to answer all your questions and more on every nutrient you need for good health.
- Everywhere, people are asking questions about changing their diet – Everyone’s Going Vegan provides the answers.
Everyone’s Going Vegan is a 64-page epic FULLY UPDATED magazine that is part of our vegan campaign to change Britain’s eating habits and change the world. Packed with interview, recipes, health articles and four free pull-out charts.
These brand new, double-sided fact sheets contain lots of easy to read information from the history of soya to the age-old question “Where do you get your protein?”. All this and more are explained on these six beautifully designed A5 sheets feeding you all of the facts about soya, iron, B12, protein, heart disease and fats. You can read each one here!
… and lots more !
Check it all out at: